These two newspaper articles were published in the May 28 and July 23, 1904 issues of the Richland Beacon-News.
Bank Building to be Erected
The Rayville State Bank, capitalized at $30,000, has purchased one of the best lots in the town and contracted with J.J. Glanfield, an architect and builder, of Amite City, to erect a modern two-story brick building, which will cost about $5,000.
The Rayville State Bank
We take pleasure in directing the especial attention of our readers to the ad of the Rayville State Bank.
This enterprising institution has now opened for business and asks the patronage and encouragement of the people of Richland parish, promising to its customers every facility consistent with correct banking principles.
The officers of the bank are: Geo. W. Smith, President; H.W. Jones, Vice-President; Jas. N. Parker, Cashier. The Directors are: Geo. Wesley Smith, H.W. Jones, J.A. Hemler, J.W. Simms, W.C. Chennault, Wm. F. Cook and H.F. Wilkins.
The officers and directors are business men of capital and influence and the bank will of necessity be a power for the welfare and upbuilding of our town and parish. A career of success and prosperity lays out before the Rayville State Bank.
The new bank building will soon be completed and the bank will then be housed in one of the neatest and most attractive buildings in North Louisiana.